Making the Body

 Home 

The making of the upper body was fairly easy.
As a template I used a general pattern but with square sleeves (like a tank-top) rather than a tapered look.
Later I removed the Velcro and stitched the muscle panel into the body. After
This is the basic layout of the chest and belly muscles.
The backing is calico with closed cell foam to give the general outline.
On top of that I used softer open cell foam so that the fur would be able of collapse it a bit and give a more realistic look.
Overall look
With the long underwear I continued to stick sections of foam on and carve them with a hot wire carver.
You can see the arm, fore-arm, and shoulder pads here as well.
Side View.
The body suit can hide a lot of personal defects
Back Profile
I wanted to give a different look to the human back so I added his hump. Over time I paired it down to the finished item
The completed insert - Front
This with it velcro stripping is mounted inside of the top fur section. I had to add some side sections on the chest so to enable the chest fur area to match the underlying support.
The whole section is mounted on an old tee-shirt.
Of note - behind the actual chest section are two pockets into which I can put ice-packs for extra long usage.
The completed insert - Back
Here you can see the shoulder pads and the much reduces hump.
Small velcro strips help to secure the shoulder pads etc in place.. It is actually very comfortable to wear.
As I mentioned after a few wearings I found the Velcro 'Creak' when I moved, so I stitched all of this into the main body. This has worked extemely well.
Front view of the suit after prelimary stitching
A lot more work needed to be done but you can see the effect
Side view of the suit after prelimary stitching
A lot more work needed to be done but you can see the effect
Back view of the suit after prelimary stitching
A lot more work needed to be done but you can see the effect